Procedure for on-line payment of tax :-
- Go to “tin-nsdl.com". On the left hand top u will see " Tax Information Network of Income tax department ". At the right bottom, u will see " e-payment: Pay Taxes Online”. Click on it.
- Then click on " Click to pay tax on-line ".
- Then click on " CHALLAN No./ITNS 280 ( Payment of Income tax & Corrporation Tax)". A faint green colored window named " e-Payment Income Tax Department " will open.
- Select (0021) INCOME TAX(OTHER THAN COMPANIES)
- Enter ur PAN No.
- Select Relevant Assessment year (e.g. 2015-16., Double confirm it).
- Fill in other personal details such as address, mob. no. etc.
- For type of payment, Select (300)SELF ASSESSMENT TAX.
- Select ur bank.
- Type the case sensitive characters in the box provided.
- Click on proceed. It will show u ur details in I-Tax dept. database.
- Check it. If ok , then click on " Submit to the bank "
- Select " retail user ". Login into your bank account.
- While filling amount column, fill Rs. ------- (Tax payable) in Income Tax column. Keep all other columns empty.
- Site will guide u hereafter.
- Save challan after payment is complete.
(This procedure may change as per government directive. User may check with concern authorities)